DevOps Engineer – Job Brief
To apply, please email a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Company: Generis Enterprise Technology Limited
Job Title: DevOps Engineer (Remote)
Reports to: Head of Cloud Services
Location: Remote – UK (also hybrid / office option in London)
Contract Status: Permanent Staff
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
About the role
This is a full-time position with Generis, working on a fully remote basis. We require a DevOps
Engineer for a range of activities from AWS / cloud management, installations, troubleshooting, Java /
Redis / ElasticSearch. This role will work with both external customers and our internal team, so good
verbal and written English is required.
• Perform and automate system administration services including installation, configuration, monitoring, and maintenance.
• Managing AWS EC2 environment (EC2, S3, Elasticsearch, Elasticache, VPC, IAM).
• Installation, configuration and maintenance client on-prem installations.
• Respond to production incidents, troubleshoot and document.
• Ensure all documentation complete and in accordance with ISO 27001 accreditation.
To fulfil this role, you will have the following attributes:
• 3 years’ or more experience with AWS is essential, ideally with accreditation at AWS Solutions Architect Professional level (will consider those at Associate level)
• 3+ years’ Experience as both software engineer and system administrator or 5+ years’ experience as DevOps or similar
• Expert knowledge of Linux (RedHat, CentOS, SuSe)
• Knowledge and experience in cloud environments – preferably AWS and GCP
• Very good understanding of networking (TCP/IP, DNS, VPNs, etc)
• Automation task frameworks – preferably Ansible, Rundeck
• Knowledge of Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Redis
• Good Windows system administration knowledge
• Previous experience in managing 24×7 SaaS application in cloud environments
• Must have strong quality focus with prior experience deploying systems within either a Pharmaceutical company and/or an ISO 27001 accredited environment
• Be a self-starter with proven logical problem solving
• Ability to work unsupervised in a small team
• Good attention to detail, to ensure compliance in all internal and external audits
• Effective and comfortable working fully remotely
• Fluent English or higher (verbal, written, and reading)
• No requirement for VISA sponsorship, either now or in future
• Prior experience of working within the life sciences industry
• Experience in pharmaceutical validation protocol / computer systems validation.
• Degree in Computer Science or other relevant IT discipline
What we offer
• £55,000 to £75,000 (dependent on experience)
• Discretionary performance based bonus
• Private healthcare
• Full remote working (option for hybrid and office working for those in commuting distance of Victoria, London)
• Flexible working arrangements
• Half-day Friday policy
• £1,000 per year Wellness programme (bespoke to you)
• £1,200 per year personal Uber allowance (Uber Taxi)
• Employee referral scheme (£750 cash bonus, £250 charity donation)
Generis is a leader in content and information management systems, specializing in proven solutions for regulated industries. Established in 1997, Generis began life as a consultancy group. Following the development and release in 2003 of the Company’s CARA solution, Generis continued to develop the product and now counts over 600,000 users across industries worldwide, including 8 of the 10 largest Life Science companies.
Our mission is to provide industry-defining implementations that are fast and intuitive to bring our customers an enjoyable and efficient experience. Widely regarded by our customers for our responsiveness, we offer unprecedented care and attention to deliver high performing solutions configured to meet their individual and frequently complex requirements.
At Generis we pride ourselves on employing the best people and giving them opportunities to develop
their skills and abilities. As a close-knit family of employees, we work hard to cultivate a diverse and challenging working environment. Our people are entrusted with great personal responsibility,
empowering them to be heard, and drive real change with their ideas and ambition. With no mandatory office and flexible working arrangements, we recognize and reward good work and recruit those with positive can-do attitude.
What to expect during the recruitment process
Our recruitment process is about you presenting your skills and being yourself. The process begins with a simple CV review, followed by interviews with our HR, subject or area-specific experts, and management. Not all candidates make it through to the interview stage, and the actual number of interviews may be fewer (this is not necessarily a bad sign).
We believe in welcoming new members to our team that can demonstrate:
• Pride and ownership in their knowledge
• An open, genuine personality
• Natural enthusiasm and intellect
To apply, please email a CV and Cover letter to email@example.com