Easily maintain forms, complete them online and render to PDF for review / approval / archive.
eForms with CARA
Businesses of all kinds have a large number of forms that have to be completed for business operations, for example system access request, machine operation data, HR-related information and so on. Typically these are paper, or are done as uncontrolled Word, difficult-to-design PDF Form Field documents, or custom online applications. CARA provides a simple form designer, permitting the configuration of many form templates, on-screen fill-in, and rendering to PDF for approval and archive.
- Design the form using CARA Form Designer
- Choose field types including text, dropdown, checkbox, radio buttons, dates, grids (tables)
- Set dictionaries for dropdowns, and regular expression restrictions (e.g. email format) for text fields
- Make some fields dependent on others: visible, mandatory, values filtered by what is in another field – the form can therefore look and behave differently based on data entered or the user entering data
- Layout the form for on-screen filling in
- Define auditing including audit of all field values before and after changes
- Pre-fill data based on the user and context to save time
- Validate all fields prior to saving for data format and completion
- Use a simple Word document to design a layout for rendering the data to a Word or PDF document
- Route the filled-in form for review and approval
- Lock the form on approval / archival Index all the data so it is available for searching (find any completed forms where Field A has a particular value)
- Use the indexing to run reports including Analytics (e.g. how many security requests for a certain profile of user per month per site)